JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a remote position, but may allow for onsite work in the future for Bay Area residents. We offer a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential.
Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, and paid time off. A laptop and dual monitors are provided. We encourage professional development by providing reimbursement for classes and conferences. Equity ownership potential is an added perk.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. The Wealth Manager will work closely with her and the other members of our team on a variety of projects, and will be able to specialize as the firm grows. We encourage you to review our website before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
After an initial training period, this position requires working West Coast hours; a daily start time between 7:30 and 9:00 AM Pacific is the norm.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Wealth Manager works with Support, Associate, and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including resolving client requests, data gathering and analysis, delivering financial plans, meeting preparation and review, client communication, portfolio and asset allocation reviews, client account maintenance, drafting and placing trades, researching investments, and development and implementation of planning recommendations. Additionally, the Wealth Manager will participate in business development activities to attract clients, such as writing blog posts and community involvement.
All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Wealth Manager is a key member of the team. This is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed, while working with and for others.
To find out more about our career path for Wealth Managers, please review this PDF.
WEALTH MANAGER PROFILE
The duties of this job require a high degree of specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy. Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet these established criteria are necessary for successful job performance.
The job environment is structured and the job expectations are clear. While the pace of the work is faster than average, quality is never compromised. The focus of communication and organizational relationships is based on technical expertise. The work requires specialized technical problem solving and ingenuity while working within approved organizational systems and technology, and the demonstration of the values of integrity, precision, and caution.
When it comes to managing others, there is a need for someone who can exercise the necessary authority to assure policies and procedures are followed and time frames are met. At the same time, it will be necessary to give subordinates structured opportunity to develop their own expertise and capability for quality work to assure shared responsibility for work output. Effective coaching, delegating, and training of Support and Associate Advisors is required.
The position encompasses a defined span of control and opportunity for someone who engenders trust, demonstrates a sense of urgency, and assures consistent achievement of quality standards. The work requires making decisions that support company guidelines authoritatively and quickly. New ideas and concepts are also important but will be carefully analyzed and tested before adoption.
The Wealth Manager is lively and enthusiastic.
- Each day is different than the next. You’ll be working on multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical, analytical focus while you work within established standards and guidelines Expertise-based problem solving.
- Authoritative, quick decision making within defined span of control based on accepted quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Training Support and Associate Advisors to make correct decisions.
- Communication is task based and technically oriented. The need for team collaboration from other lead advisors/partners is minimal, and it is focused on solving specific tasks or problems.
- Leadership is based on your specialty expertise. Delegation is infrequently required, and when it is required, close follow-up is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate in a polite and professional manner
- 3 to 7 years of experience in the wealth management industry
- CFP® Designation (this is non-negotiable)
- Ability to read and synthesize written information effectively
- Enthusiastic, lively personality
- Able to lead the conversation and deliver high-quality service
- Bachelor’s degree
- Uncompromising ethical standards
- Desire and ability to work successfully and collaboratively in a small company environment
- Serious, diligent, and reserved
Remote (virtual); possible onsite in San Francisco Bay Area for local residents.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter that tells us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!