JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a remote position but may allow for onsite work in the future for Bay Area residents. We offer a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential.
Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, and paid time off that increases over time. A laptop and dual monitors are provided. Our firm focuses on continued growth and invests in and encourages professional development of the team. The lead advisor who meets or exceeds expectations is on track for equity ownership.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. The Lead Advisor will work closely with her and the other members of our team on a variety of projects and will be able to specialize as the firm grows. We encourage you to review our website before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
After an initial training period, this position requires working West Coast hours; a daily start time between 7:30 and 9:00 AM Pacific is the norm.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead Advisor works with Associates and Wealth Managers on all aspects of wealth management, including managing client relationships, identifying and meeting client needs, and developing, presenting, and overseeing the implementation of financial plans. To help drive the firm forward, other responsibilities include:
Team Responsibilities: Leading a team and managing the responsibilities and performance within the team; actively working to recruit professionals; resolving conflicting priorities and allocating resources within the team; and coaching and developing team members.
Firm Responsibilities: Driving the firm’s strategic planning process and contributing to key initiatives; participating in firm committees; finding ways, large and small, to make the firm better.
Growth Responsibilities: Attracting new clients to the firm; eliciting referrals from existing clients through exceptional client service; working with the firm’s managing partner to develop a personal marketing plan; participating in strategies to develop a niche or specialty market; building a network of business contacts in the targeted market.
To find out more about our career path for Wealth Managers, please review this PDF.
LEAD ADVISOR PROFILE
The focus of this job is making connections with people, and motivating and inspiring them to achieve results. Poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goals of this job. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others.
While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes. Knowledge and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to goals is essential.
The job requires a high degree of “selling” of ideas and policies within the organization and services to prospective clients. The job environment is fast paced and results oriented. While there is urgency to achieve goals, responsibility for the achievement of results needs to be shared, and effectively delegated when necessary. Initiating projects and processes beyond established organization practices will often require training and developing others, and enlisting their support by using a “selling” rather “telling” communication style.
A self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage and positively impact individuals and groups is essential. The job has a variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing. Because goals and desired results can quickly change, the job requires regularly meeting and pro-actively establishing relationships with new groups. The ability to understand, quickly react and motivate others to adapt to the changing organization environment is a critical key to success. In general, the core of this position requires a motivated and motivating team builder and organization developer.
- Each day is different than the next. You’ll work on multiple projects occurring simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. There is a sense of urgency for goal achievement.
- People and relationship focus on team building. You’ll inspire and motivate others, and engage their commitment.
- Involve others in a cooperative, collaborative decision-making process. Must assume responsibility for risk.
- Extroverted, warm, enthusiastic, empathetic
- Stimulating communicator with a persuasive “selling” style
- Leadership is based on your ability to motivate others
- Strong commitment to results
- Delegate authority readily
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate in a polite and professional manner
- Five to 10 years of experience in the wealth management industry
- CFP® Designation (this is non-negotiable)
- Experience managing client relationships and managing a team
- Ability to read and synthesize written information effectively
- Proven track record of developing new business through referrals and business development activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Uncompromising ethical standards
- Interest in contributing to the strategic initiatives of the firm
- Desire and ability to work successfully and collaboratively in a small company environment
- Outgoing, people oriented, persuasive, proactive
Remote (virtual); possible onsite in San Francisco Bay Area for local residents.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume, and a cover letter that tells us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!