Entry-Level Wealth Advisor (Remote Work Possible)
JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing, fee-only firm with headquarters in beautiful Marin County, CA, just 9 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge, and a 30-minute ferry ride from downtown San Francisco. We offer a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential. After three months of training in our office, you will have the option to work remotely, or you can remain as part of our in-house team.
Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing, and paid time off. We encourage professional development by providing reimbursement for classes and conferences. Casual dress code, weekly staff lunch, and equity ownership potential are added perks.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. We encourage you to visit www.JLFwealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of our firm.
The Entry-Level Wealth Advisor is a challenging and rewarding position with substantial room to grow. As a member of a female-led team, you will make a positive impact in people’s lives, gain exposure to a fast-paced small business environment, and have the opportunity to participate in a variety of projects. An Entry-Level Wealth Advisor at JLFranklin Wealth Planning supports Senior and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including: solving client requests, data gathering and analysis, financial planning and portfolio reviews, meeting preparation, drafting trades, researching investments, client communication, client account maintenance, and implementation of recommendations.
Additionally, the Entry-Level Wealth Advisor will participate in business development activities to attract clients. All client relationships are handled on a team basis and the Entry-Level Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team.
The ideal candidate will have some financial services experience (including college coursework), a basic understanding of financial planning, and a thirst to learn and grow as a financial professional.
The career path is toward becoming a Lead Advisor with business development responsibilities.
- Analytical skills to prepare and analyze client financial statements, plans, and investments
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with our Wealth Advisors and high net-worth clients, verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- Interest in mastering financial planning, client relationship management (CRM), and portfolio management software
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
- A highly collegial and collaborative work style; able to work well with all members of the team and pitch in on all aspects of serving our clients
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished for the client and the team
- A high level of professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning prior to start of employment
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising ethical standards
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment and collaborate with others
- A compassionate, approachable, friendly personality
- A client-comes-first attitude
Larkspur, California (or remote after 3 months of in-office training)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer PDF attachments. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept direct calls or emails about this position. Thank you in advance for your interest!