We are a small, growing wealth management firm in the San Francisco Bay Area looking for a supportive, helpful, precise, and organized addition to our team. This is a remote position, but may allow for onsite work in the future for Bay Area residents.
After an initial training period, this position requires working West Coast hours; a daily start time between 7:30 and 9:00 AM Pacific is the norm.
The Client Service & Operations Manager is an integral member of our female-led team. You will make a positive impact in people’s lives with your positive attitude, reserved and professional demeanor, and diligence to deliver high-quality service.
The responsibility of this position is managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to detail, concern for the exact correctness of work, and a strong commitment to completing tasks on time. The person in this position will take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined. A somewhat faster-than-average pace is the norm. The person in this position will receive clearly defined work, responsibilities, and reporting relationships, ongoing and thorough training opportunities to develop expertise, and appreciation of your competence, conscientiousness, and loyalty.
The position will provide security in a stable work environment, allowing you to plan for, focus on and complete tasks. When changes in the nature of the work occur, you will receive direction, training and support. The position will generally be task oriented, requiring someone with a careful and cautious approach to work.
In your wide range of challenging tasks, your goal is to ensure that our firm is running productively and efficiently and that each of our clients believes they are getting the most personalized service possible. The ideal candidate is a high performer who is eager to learn and grow.
- Unambiguous work direction. Completing tasks from start to finish. Concern for getting work done on time and correctly.
- Extremely task-oriented. High standards of quality and accuracy.
- Adhering to established guidelines and procedures. Requires a high degree of information gathering before making decisions. Must be comfortable making decisions in your area of expertise.
- Reserved, factual, formal, and sincere communication. Look to management for direction in areas outside of expertise.
Strong follow-through on delegated tasks and assignments. Following established policies and procedures, and expecting others to do the same. Leads by example: You are the technical expert in the area.
- Solve client requests: independently research and clearly document the steps taken and your conclusions; for other tasks, follow specific directions as needed
- Draft and proofread written communications to clients, prospects, and business partners
- Complete forms and documents
- Coordinate with clients, Schwab, and other account custodians to accomplish tasks
- Onboard new clients
- Organize and manage tasks within our customer relationship management (CRM) software database, Envestnet Junxure Cloud
- Communicate with vendors, brokerage firms, and clients on behalf of the firm
- Develop, implement, and evaluate new and existing office operational processes and procedures
- Coordinate software implementation and develop training programs
- Assist Chief Compliance Officer with compliance responsibilities
- Suggest improvements to increase productivity and client satisfaction
- General office management duties
Business Development Assistance
- Manage the prospective client intake process, including data gathering via inbound telephone calls, sending confirmation emails and reminders, and coordinate meetings
- Track contact with prospects in our CRM, including generation of analytical reports
- Prepare prospect marketing materials
- Manage email marketing blasts using Constant Contact
- Assist with execution of social media strategy using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Hootsuite, and other platforms
- Podcast guest coordination
- Media liaison
- No cold calling is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate in a polite and professional manner
- 2+ years professional experience in a wealth management or financial services firm, or relevant intern experience and financial planning coursework
- Collaborative approach in a structured job environment
- Accurate and thorough work product, leaving nothing to chance
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished as part of the team
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite using a Windows-based computer; proficiency with editing functionality in Microsoft Word
- A willing and cooperative personality
- Desire and ability to achieve goals consistently and efficiently in a small company
- Helpful, supportive communication with management and peers
- Ability to work independently and take direction well
- Demonstrated track record of taking full ownership of both large and small projects, and seeing them through to a successful conclusion
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, medical insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing plan. A laptop and dual monitors will be provided. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
JLFranklin Wealth Planning has been providing financial planning, wealth management, and tax planning services on a fee-only basis for over 20 years. We encourage you to visit www.JLFWealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of our firm.
Remote (virtual); possible onsite in San Francisco Bay Area for local residents.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter that tells us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!