JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a remote position, but may allow for onsite work in the future for Bay Area residents. We offer a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential.
Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, and paid time off. A laptop and dual monitors are provided. We encourage professional development by providing reimbursement for classes and conferences.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. The Associate Wealth Advisor will work closely with her and the other members of our team, enjoy a variety of on-the-job learning opportunities, and be able to specialize as the firm grows. This is an ideal position for a recent college graduate who has some experience in a professional office and who is eager to learn and grow. We encourage you to review our website before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
After an initial training period, this position requires working West Coast hours; a daily start time between 7:30 and 9:00 AM Pacific is the norm.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Wealth Advisor supports Wealth Managers and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including resolving client requests, data gathering and analysis, drafting financial plans, preparing forms and documents, portfolio and asset allocation reviews, meeting preparation, client communication, client account maintenance, drafting trades, researching investments, and implementation of recommendations. Additionally, the Associate Wealth Advisor may participate in business development activities to attract clients, such as writing blog and social media posts, and preparation for and participation in prospective client meetings.
The responsibility of this position is managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to detail, concern for the exact correctness of work, and a strong commitment to completing tasks on time. The person in this position will take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined. A somewhat faster-than-average pace is the norm. Detailed, specialized work is the major focus of your role. You’ll receive clearly-defined projects and responsibilities, ongoing and thorough training opportunities to develop expertise, and appreciation of your competence, conscientiousness, and loyalty. The position will provide security in a stable work environment, allowing you to plan for, focus on and complete tasks on hand. When changes in the nature of the work occur, you’ll receive direction, training and support. The position is generally task oriented and structured, requiring someone with a careful and cautious approach to work.
All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team. You lead by example, with first-hand knowledge of your area of expertise. Strong, friendly follow-up is necessary on delegated tasks to ensure proper results.
To find out more about our career path for Wealth Advisors, please review this PDF.
- Unambiguous direction for completing tasks from start to finish. Concern for getting work done on time and correctly.
- Extremely task-oriented. High standards of quality and accuracy.
- Adhering to established guidelines and procedures. Requires high degree of information gathering before making decisions. Must be comfortable making decisions in area of specialty or expertise.
- Reserved, factual, formal, and sincere communication. You’ll look to management for direction in areas outside of your expertise.
- Strong follow-through on delegated tasks and assignments. Comfortable following established policies and procedures, and expecting others to do the same. Leads by example: is the technical expert in the area.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate in a factual, polite, and professional manner
- Acute attention to detail to produce an accurate and thorough work product, leaving nothing to chance
- Serious, diligent, and reserved, with a “how can I help you?” attitude
- Analytical skills to prepare and analyze client financial statements, plans, and investments
- Interest in mastering industry software, including eMoney for financial planning, Envestnet Junxure Online for client relationship management (CRM), Tamarac for portfolio management, and BNA Income Tax Planner for tax projections.
- A helpful and cooperative personality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- Desire and ability to manage time effectively, prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion, and achieve goals consistently and efficiently in a small company environment
- Ability to follow our well-defined processes and procedures to perform activities
- A collegial and collaborative work style; able to work well with all members of the team, and to pitch in on all aspects of serving our clients
- A high level of professionalism and a thirst to learn and grow as a financial professional
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a wealth management firm preferred, or in the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree (in Financial Planning or a related field, preferred)
Remote (virtual); possible onsite in San Francisco Bay Area for local residents.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter that tells us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!