Intern – Podcast Marketer and Content Creator (Remote)
The podcast marketer and content creator will promote a podcast about tech and wealth via digital media channels. You will create social posts using tags and hashtags from existing content created by the founder and from her podcast. The expected commitment is approximately 5 hours per week, although more hours may be available based upon your schedule.
This role is for an enthusiastic creative strategist inspired to bring energy to the firm through various social media platforms with the goal of attracting new audiences. The ideal candidate for this role will share our excitement for the tech industry and create a genuine connection between the firm and our prospective clients.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The female owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. We encourage you to explore JLFwealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
The focus of this position is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within established guidelines. There is a need for an effective and persuasive communicator, someone who is able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. The person in this position must be friendly and genuinely interested in the business, and the needs of others.
Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. Following up carefully, closely, and cheerfully is required to ensure both correct work and maintenance of the relationships.
Open, flowing effective communication is important. You are willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves to help out when necessary, lead by example, and have first-hand knowledge of your area of expertise.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confidently lead and engage an audience on social platforms
- Develop, write, and distribute high-quality sharable content for multiple digital channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Create images using Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite
- Work with podcast guests to leverage their audience
- Determine the best platforms based on messages and goals
- Correspond in a professional manner with followers and listeners
- Follow the existing brand voice and style to maintain consistency across all platforms
- Manage social profiles
- Direct and manage paid search and social campaigns
- Monitor analytics and use data to make marketing decisions
- Identify online communities and build engagement
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience promoting podcasts or B2C companies
- At least 1-2 years experience writing and creating images on digital platforms
- Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and other graphic platforms to create and edit images, including cropping, resizing dimensions, and adjusting image weights, while preserving sense of composition
- Success with professional communication, both written and verbal
- Creative promotional ideas and curiosity to learn new technical skills
- Ability to humanize digital messages and relay the core message of the firm’s brand
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to step back and see how each message relates to the big picture and the firm’s objectives
- Avid social media user
- Heavy consumer of podcasts on all platforms
- Working towards bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- An understanding of the tech industry
- Ability to meet and beat deadlines
- Video editing skills preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position, your ideal schedule, and your favorite podcasts. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!