Client Service and Operations Associate (Remote or Onsite in SF Bay Area)
We are a small, growing wealth management firm in the San Francisco Bay Area looking for a supportive, helpful, sincere and organized addition to our team. This is a remote position, with the possibility to work in our office post-pandemic. We offer flexible hours for this position, and would consider both part-time and full-time applicants, with a minimum commitment of 30 hours across 5 days per week.
The Client Service & Operations Associate is an integral member of our female-led team. You will make a positive impact in people’s lives with your positive attitude, reserved and professional demeanor, and expert coordination skills.
This position requires a very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are needed. The work is highly precise in nature and requires very strong attention to detail. Checking and double-checking is often necessary; individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious. Both the content and the presentation are important; all work must be highly polished. There is little ambiguity in this job. It is very clear what needs to be done, and what the expected results are. This clarity will come either from the company’s management, or from established professional disciplines and processes. Much of the work can be accomplished by working at a steady pace. The work is best accomplished working as an individual, without a great dependence on other people for results. The work is helpful in nature; you’ll be providing support and/or service to others in an environment free from competition. Interacting with customers requires a professional, formal manner where the focus is on completing the task pleasantly and correctly.
In your wide range of challenging tasks, your goal is to ensure that our firm is running productively and efficiently and that each of our clients believes they are getting the most personalized service possible. The ideal candidate is a high performer who is eager to learn and grow.
- There’s a large degree of predictability from one day to the next. Job activities are consistent, sometimes even repetitious in nature, and results are repeatable. Well-define processes and procedures exist to perform activities
- People-focused, while being reserved in nature. Helpful, “service” orientation. Strong focus on very high-quality results.
- Cautious, by the book, decision-making is required. Examination of the facts, established procedure, or proven process must preclude decision-making (detailed knowledge of or training in those areas significantly aids decision-making).
- Communication is factual, polite, and professional in nature. Need to speak with great specificity and knowledgeable detail about areas of responsibility; not required to speak at length about other topics. Expertise comes from training, knowledge, and experience.
- Authority and responsibility are shared with others in a team environment, where people have worked together for long periods of time. Little delegation of details is required, although when it does happen, this position requires strong follow-up to ensure that work quality and attention to detail remain very high.
- Leadership style required involves being an expert in the field and using that knowledge to be a resource for others’ learning and development.
- Solve client requests: independently research and clearly document the steps taken and your conclusions; for other tasks, follow specific directions as needed
- Draft and proofread written communications to clients, prospects, and business partners
- Complete forms and documents
- Coordinate with clients, Schwab, and other account custodians to accomplish tasks
- Onboard new clients
- Organize and manage tasks within our customer relationship management (CRM) software database, Junxure
- Communicate with vendors, brokerage firms, and clients on behalf of the firm
- Develop, implement, and evaluate new and existing office operational processes and procedures
- Coordinate software implementation and develop training programs
- Assist Chief Compliance Officer with compliance responsibilities
- Suggest improvements to increase productivity and client satisfaction
- General office management duties
Business Development Assistance
- Manage the prospective client intake process, including data gathering via telephone interviews, sending confirmation emails and reminders, and coordinate meetings
- Track contact with prospects in our CRM, including generation of analytical reports
- Prepare prospect marketing materials
- Manage email marketing blasts using Constant Contact
- Assist with execution of social media strategy using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, and other platforms
- Podcast guest coordination
- Media liaison
- No cold calling required
- 2+ years professional experience in a wealth management or financial services firm, or relevant intern experience and financial planning coursework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and enjoys engaging with clients and prospects
- Collaborative approach in a structured job environment
- Organized, reliable, flexible, efficient, self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished as part of the team
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite using a Windows-based computer; proficiency with editing functionality in Microsoft Word
- An approachable, friendly personality
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company
- Helpful, supportive communication with management and peers
- Ability to work independently and take direction well
- Demonstrated track record of taking full ownership of both large and small projects, and seeing them through to a successful conclusion
- A high level of professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, medical insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing plan. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
JLFranklin Wealth Planning has been providing financial planning, wealth management, and tax planning services on a fee-only basis for over 20 years. We encourage you to visit www.JLFWealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of our firm.
Remote (Opportunity to work in San Rafael, CA post-pandemic)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!