Business Operations Manager – Flexible Hours CLOSED
We are a small, growing financial firm looking for a friendly and organized addition to our team. We offer flexible hours for this position, and would consider both part-time (minimum commitment of 30 hours spread over at least four days per week) and full-time applicants.
The Business Operations Manager works in our Marin County office and is an integral member of our female-led team. You will make a positive impact in people’s lives with your helpful attitude and coordination skills. The ideal candidate is a high performer who is eager to learn and grow. You will be responsible for leading the development, implementation, and evaluation of new and existing office operational processes, solving client requests, and assisting the founder with her business development projects. In your wide range of challenging tasks, your goal is to ensure that our firm is running productively and efficiently and that each of our clients believes they are getting the most personalized service possible.
Bay Area applicants are preferred; we will not pay for relocation. If you can make a commitment of at least two years, we encourage you to apply.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Solve client requests: independently research and clearly document the steps taken and your conclusions; for other tasks follow specific directions as needed
- Draft and proofread written communications to clients, prospects, and business partners
- Complete forms and documents
- Coordinate with clients and account custodians to accomplish tasks
- Onboard new clients
- Organize and manage tasks within our customer relationship management (CRM) software database
- Communicate with vendors, brokerage firms, and clients on behalf of the firm
- Coordinate software implementation and develop training programs
- Manage compliance responsibilities
- Suggest improvements to increase productivity and client satisfaction
- Greet clients and answer phones
- General office management duties
Business Development Assistance
- Assist with execution of social media strategy using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other platforms
- Manage email marketing blasts using Constant Contact software
- Track contact with prospects in our CRM, including generation of analytical reports; prepare prospect marketing materials
- Media liaison
- No cold calling required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and accurate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- Proficiency with editing functionality in Microsoft Word
- A highly collegial and collaborative work style; able to work well with all members of the team and collaborate to serve our clients and keep our firm visible to existing and prospective clients.
- An approachable, friendly personality
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- 2-5 years work experience in a similar role preferred
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small-company
- Ability to work independently and take direction well
- Demonstrated track record of taking full ownership of both large and small projects, and seeing them through to a successful conclusion
- Organized, reliable, flexible, efficient, self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished as part of the team
- A high level of professionalism
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, medical insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing plan. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications. Casual dress code, weekly staff lunch, and learning about your own personal financial situation are added benefits.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
JLFranklin Wealth Planning has been providing financial planning, wealth management, and tax planning services on a fee-only basis for over 20 years. We encourage you to visit www.JLFWealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of our firm.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!