JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a remote position. We offer a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential.
Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, and paid time off. We encourage professional development by providing reimbursement for classes and conferences. Equity ownership potential is an added perk.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. The Associate Wealth Advisor will work closely with her and the other members of our team on a variety of projects, and will be able to specialize as the firm grows. We encourage you to visit JLFwealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Wealth Advisor supports Wealth Managers and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including resolving client requests, data gathering and analysis, financial planning and portfolio reviews, meeting preparation, client communication, client account maintenance, drafting trades, researching investments, and implementation of recommendations. Additionally, the Associate Wealth Advisor may participate in business development activities to attract clients. All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team.
This position requires a very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are needed. The work is highly precise in nature and requires a very strong attention to detail. It is vital for the work output to be very high quality, with correct results, time and time again. Checking and double-checking is often necessary; individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious. Both the content and the presentation are important; all work must be highly polished. There is little ambiguity in this job. It is very clear what needs to be done, and what the expected results are. This clarity will come either from the firm’s management, or from established professional disciplines and processes. The established procedures and processes must be followed very closely; there is little room or necessity to modify them. Much of the work can be accomplished by working at a steady, even pace. There is much consistency and familiarity from one day to the next. It is generally feasible to plan large blocks of work ahead of time. The work is best accomplished working as an individual, without a great dependence on other people or “politics” for results. The work is helpful in nature; providing support and/or service to others in an environment free from competition. Interacting with clients is done in a professional, formal manner where the focus is on completing the task pleasantly and correctly.
All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team. You lead by example, with first-hand knowledge of your area of expertise. Strong, friendly follow-up is necessary on delegated tasks to ensure proper results.
To find out more about our career path for Wealth Advisors, please review this PDF.
- Steady, even pace of activity; large degree of predictability from day to day; job activities are consistent, and results are repeatable; well-defined processes and procedures exist to perform activities
- Strong focus on repeatable, very high-quality results
- Need to speak with great specificity and knowledgeable detail about areas of responsibility. Little collaboration is necessary to complete work; expertise comes from training, knowledge, and experience
- Authority and responsibility is shared with others, in a team environment where people have worked together for long periods of time; little delegation of details is required, when it does happen, this position requires strong follow-up to ensure that work quality and attention to detail remain very high; Leadership style required involves being an expert in the field and using that knowledge to be a resource for others’ learning and development
- Analytical skills to prepare and assess client financial statements, plans, and investments
- Serious, diligent, and reserved, with a “how can I help you?” attitude
- People-focused, while being reserved in nature.
- Cautious, by the book, decision-maker; examination of the facts, established procedure, or proven process must preclude decision-making (detailed knowledge of or training in those areas significantly aids decision-making)
- Communication is factual, polite, and professional in nature.
- Interest in mastering financial planning, client relationship management (CRM), and portfolio management software
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to produce highly precise, high-quality work with a very strong attention to detail. Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently.
- Willingness to jump in and roll up your sleeves to help out when necessary
- Ability to read and synthesize written information effectively and produce repeatable, very high-quality results
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising ethical standards
San Rafael, CA (remote during the pandemic)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!