JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, with headquarters in beautiful Marin County, CA, just 10 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge, and a 30-minute ferry ride from downtown San Francisco. Our firm offers a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential.
We have an outstanding full-time opportunity for an Associate Wealth Advisor. Although we are looking for someone with related experience to join our Marin office, finding the right person is our top priority, even if that person works remotely.
Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, and paid time off. We encourage professional development by providing reimbursement for classes and conferences. Casual dress code, weekly staff lunch, and equity ownership potential are added perks.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. The Associate Wealth Advisor will work closely with her and the other members of our team on a variety of projects, and will be able to specialize as the firm grows. We encourage you to visit JLFwealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Wealth Advisor supports Wealth Managers and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including resolving client requests, data gathering and analysis, financial planning and portfolio reviews, meeting preparation, client communication, client account maintenance, drafting trades, researching investments, and implementation of recommendations. Additionally, the Associate Wealth Advisor will participate in business development activities to attract clients. All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team.
This is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed, while working with and for others.
All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team.
To find out more about our career path for Wealth Advisors, please review this PDF.
- Analytical skills to prepare and assess client financial statements, plans, and investments
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with our Wealth Advisors and high net-worth clients, verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- Interest in mastering financial planning, client relationship management (CRM), and portfolio management software
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
- The ability to work at a steady, even pace of activity
- A highly collegial and collaborative work style; able to work well with all members of the team and pitch in on all aspects of serving our clients
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished
- A high level of professionalism
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable and correct results are needed. Ability to carefully follow our well-defined processes and procedures to perform activities with correct results
- Ability to produce highly precise, high-quality work with a very strong attention to detail.
- Patient and conscientious, with a natural ability to check and double-check work product
- Ability to read and synthesize written information effectively
- Ability to produce repeatable, very high-quality results
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Communication is factual, polite, and professional in nature
- Uncompromising ethical standards
- A “how can I help you?” attitude
- Desire and ability to work successfully and collaboratively in a small company environment
- A compassionate, approachable, friendly personality
- A client-comes-first attitude
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!