JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, with headquarters in beautiful Marin County, CA, just 10 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge, and a 30-minute ferry ride from downtown San Francisco. Our firm offers a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential.
We have an outstanding full-time opportunity for an Associate Wealth Advisor. Although we are looking for someone with related experience to join our Marin office, finding the right person is our top priority, even if that person works remotely.
Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, and paid time off. We encourage professional development by providing reimbursement for classes and conferences. Casual dress code, weekly staff lunch, and equity ownership potential are added perks.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. The Associate Wealth Advisor will work closely with her and the other members of our team on a variety of projects, and will be able to specialize as the firm grows. We encourage you to visit JLFwealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Wealth Advisor supports Associate Wealth Managers and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including resolving client requests, data gathering and analysis, financial planning and portfolio reviews, meeting preparation, client communication, client account maintenance, drafting trades, researching investments, and implementation of recommendations. Additionally, the Associate Wealth Advisor will participate in business development activities to attract clients. All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team.
To find out more about our career path for Wealth Advisors, please review this PDF.
- Analytical skills to prepare and assess client financial statements, plans, and investments
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with our Wealth Advisors and high net-worth clients, verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- Interest in mastering financial planning, client relationship management (CRM), and portfolio management software
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
- A highly collegial and collaborative work style; able to work well with all members of the team and pitch in on all aspects of serving our clients
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished
- A high level of professionalism
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to read and synthesize written information effectively
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy (more important than speed)
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising ethical standards
- Desire and ability to work successfully and collaboratively in a small company environment
- A compassionate, approachable, friendly personality
- A client-comes-first attitude
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer PDF attachments. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept direct calls or emails about this position. Thank you in advance for your interest!