JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a remote position. We offer a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential.
Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, and paid time off. We encourage professional development by providing reimbursement for classes and conferences. Equity ownership potential is an added perk.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. The Associate Wealth Advisor will work closely with her and the other members of our team on a variety of projects, and will be able to specialize as the firm grows. We encourage you to visit JLFwealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Wealth Advisor supports Wealth Managers and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including resolving client requests, data gathering and analysis, financial planning and portfolio reviews, meeting preparation, client communication, client account maintenance, drafting trades, researching investments, and implementation of recommendations. Additionally, the Associate Wealth Advisor will participate in business development activities to attract clients. All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team.
This is a position where adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important, along with involving others in the decision-making. There is a need to build consensus rather than make decisions alone. Each day is different from the next, especially in personal interactions.
All client relationships are handled on a team basis, and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team. You lead by example, with first-hand knowledge of your area of expertise. Strong, friendly follow-up is necessary on delegated tasks to ensure proper results.
To find out more about our career path for Wealth Advisors, please review this PDF.
- Analytical skills to prepare and assess client financial statements, plans, and investments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very socially-focused with a “how can I help you?” attitude. Lots of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring, others fosters the relationship
- Open, flowing communication style, working with and through others to help the team. There is a need for a persuasive, “selling” (rather than “telling”) communication style
- Interest in mastering financial planning, client relationship management (CRM), and portfolio management software
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to produce highly precise, high-quality work with a very strong attention to detail. Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently.
- Willingness to jump in and roll up your sleeves to help out when necessary
- Ability to read and synthesize written information effectively and produce repeatable, very high-quality results
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising ethical standards
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!