JLFranklin Wealth Planning is a small, growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a remote position, with the possibility to work in our office post-pandemic. We offer a stimulating, fast-paced environment with long-term growth potential.
The lead advisor who meets or exceeds expectations is on track for equity ownership. Compensation is competitive and benefits include medical insurance, a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, and paid time off that increases over time. Our firm focuses on continued growth and invests in and encourages professional development of the team.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides comprehensive financial planning, investment management, and tax planning on a fee-only basis. The owner of the firm has more than 25 years of experience, a tax background, and a roster of tech and entrepreneurial clients. The Lead Advisor will work closely with her and the other members of our team on a variety of projects and will be able to specialize as the firm grows. We encourage you to visit JLFwealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of what we do and how we operate.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead Advisor works with Associates and Wealth Managers on all aspects of wealth management, including managing client relationships, identifying and meeting client needs, and developing, presenting, and overseeing the implementation of financial plans. To help drive the firm forward, other responsibilities include:
Team Responsibilities: Leading a team and managing the responsibilities and performance within the team; actively working to recruit professionals; resolving conflicting priorities and allocating resources within the team; and coaching and developing team members.
Firm Responsibilities: Driving the firm’s strategic planning process and contributing to key initiatives; participating in firm committees; finding ways, large and small, to make the firm better.
Growth Responsibilities: Attracting new clients to the firm; eliciting referrals from existing clients through exceptional client service; working with the firm’s managing partner to develop a personal marketing plan; participating in strategies to develop a niche or specialty market; building a network of business contacts in the targeted market.
To find out more about our career path for Wealth Managers, please review this PDF.
LEAD ADVISOR PROFILE
The focus of this job is on achieving results, which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Initiative, along with a sense of competitive drive and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response.
Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. A leadership style that is firm and goal-oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised, and persuasive communication style. Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical.
The scope of the job may require effective delegation to proven people. Routine and repetitive details should be delegated but with responsibility for follow-up and accountability for timely results. While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency, the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business, and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation. The job environment is constantly changing and provides opportunities for growth, recognition, and reward for the overall success and achievements of the firm.
- Independent and in control of own activities
- Assertive and self-confident
- Takes initiative
- Driven to get things done timely and responsively, to complete goals
- Enthusiastic and engaging
- Outgoing, with the ability to build long-term relationships
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Problem solver
- Innovative thinker
- Lead client engagements, including direction of team members
- Focus on building long-term client relationships
- Quick decision making in response to changing conditions
- Client and team collaboration focused on results
- Directive leadership to assure business goals are achieved
- Delegation of details as necessary, with follow-up on timeliness and quality
- Overall accountability of personal and team outcomes
- Five to 10 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Experience managing client relationships and managing a team
- Proven track record of developing new business through referrals and marketing
- Ability to read and synthesize written information effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising ethical standards
- Interest in contributing to the strategic initiatives of the firm
- Desire and ability to work successfully and collaboratively in a small company environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFP® certification, CFA, or similar credentials
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume, and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!