Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding position with long-term growth potential? Do you want to make a positive impact in people’s lives? Are you curious about finance?
The Associate Wealth Advisor is a position with substantial room to grow and excel as a member of our team. You will be exposed to a fast-paced small business environment and have the opportunity to participate in a variety of projects. An Associate Wealth Advisor at JLFranklin Wealth Planning works in our Marin County office and supports Senior and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including: solving client requests, data gathering and analysis, financial planning and portfolio reviews, meeting preparation, drafting trades, researching investments, client communication, client account maintenance, and implementation of recommendations. The Associate Wealth Advisor will also assist in writing and editing our newsletter, website, and social media content. Additionally, the Associate Wealth Advisor will participate in business development activities to attract clients. All client relationships are handled on a team basis and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team.
The ideal candidate will have some financial services experience (including college coursework), a basic understanding of financial planning, and a thirst to learn and grow as a financial planner.
The career path is toward becoming a Lead Advisor with business development responsibilities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Analytical skills to prepare and analyze client financial statements, plans, and investments
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with our Wealth Advisors and high net worth clients both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) using a Windows-based computer
- Interest in mastering financial planning, client relationship management (CRM) and portfolio management software
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
- A highly collegial and collaborative work style; able to work well with all members of the team and collaborate in all aspects of serving our clients
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished for the client and the team
- A high level of professionalism
- 2 to 5 years experience in the financial services industry or equivalent experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required (a Master’s degree or JD degree is a plus)
- Professional designation such as a CFP®, CFA, or CPA, or a desire to obtain
- Uncompromising ethical standards and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility
- A client-comes-first attitude
- An acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compassion and an approachable, friendly personality
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, medical insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing plan. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications. Casual dress code, weekly staff lunch, and reimbursement for continuing education are added benefits.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides financial planning, wealth management, and tax planning services on a fee-only basis. We encourage you to visit www.JLFWealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of our firm.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!