Intern – Assistant to Financial Planner
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding paid internship? Do you consider yourself organized and a good writer? Are you a highly motivated individual who would like to gain valuable experience in financial services?
If this sounds like you, please read on.
JLFranklin Wealth Planning is seeking a bright, energetic and organized individual with high standards of excellence to become an integral part of our office for 12 to 24 months. We are flexible as to part-time or full-time, but you’ll need to dedicate at least 25 hours per week. At the end of this internship, there will likely be an opportunity to move into a permanent position.
As a paid intern, you will work in our Marin office on a variety of projects from analysis of client financial information to office organization to social media strategy. Your projects will increase in complexity as you demonstrate your competence and ability. If you think you can handle the varied roles of an integral member of our small office team, and if you can make a commitment of between 12 and 24 months, we encourage you to apply.
• Solve client requests: independently research and clearly document the steps taken and your conclusions; for other tasks follow specific directions as needed
• Complete forms and documents
• Input data into Excel spreadsheets
• Draft and proofread letters to clients, prospects and business partners
• Organize, and manage documents within our contact relationship management (CRM) software
• Communicate with brokerage firms, various companies, and clients on behalf of the firm
• Assist in creating and posting content for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Write, edit, and/or proofread marketing collateral
• Suggest improvements to increase productivity and client satisfaction
• Manage email marketing blasts using Constant Contact
• Assemble and prepare marketing materials, client materials and packages to be mailed
• Greet clients and answer phones
• General office management duties
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Student (or graduate) of Business, Economics, Marketing, Communications or Journalism with a minimum 3.4 GPA
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently and receive direction well
• Organized, flexible, self–motivated, efficient, reliable, eager to learn
• Working knowledge of Excel
• Any financial services industry experience (including internships) preferred but not required
ABOUT OUR FIRM
JLFranklin Wealth Planning provides financial planning, wealth management and tax planning services on a fee-only basis. We encourage you to visit www.JLFWealth.com before you apply to get an understanding of our firm.
We offer an hourly wage based on prior experience and skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your information, resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position. We prefer attachments to be uploaded in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!