An Associate Wealth Advisor at JLFranklin Wealth Planning works in our Marin office and supports Senior and Lead Advisors with all aspects of wealth management, including: client communication, client account maintenance, meeting preparation, data gathering and analysis, financial planning and portfolio reviews, and implementation of recommendations. The Associate Wealth Advisor will also assist in writing and editing newsletter, website, and social media content. Business development activities to attract clients is expected.
All client relationships are handled on a team basis and the Associate Wealth Advisor is a key member of the team. The career path is toward becoming a Lead Advisor with business development responsibilities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Analytical skills to prepare and analyze client financial statements, plans, and investments
• Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with our Wealth Advisors and high net worth clients both verbally and in writing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Interest in mastering financial planning, client relationship management (CRM) and portfolio management software
• The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
• A highly collegial and collaborative work style; able to work well with all members of the team and collaborate in all aspects of serving our clients
• Strong work ethic and eagerness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things accomplished for the client and the team
• A high level of professionalism
• 1 to 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry or equivalent experience
• Bachelor’s degree required (a Master’s degree or JD degree is a plus)
• Desire to obtain a professional designation such as a CFP®, CFA, or CPA
• Uncompromising ethical standards and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility
• A client-comes-first attitude
• An acute attention to detail and accuracy
• Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
• Excellent written communication skills
• Compassion and an approachable, friendly personality
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, health insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing plan. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications. Casual dress days and weekly staff lunches are added benefits.
Our office is located in Larkspur, in Marin County, just north of San Francisco and within easy commuting distance from the City, the East Bay and the North Bay. We are conveniently located in the beautiful Larkspur Landing Office Park, close to the freeway with plenty of free parking and within walking distance to Marin Country Mart.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letters, resumes and salary history in response to this posting. We prefer attachments to be sent in PDF format. We encourage you to review our website before you apply to get an understanding of our firm. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!